[Computational Complexity] What I'm Doing Over Spring Break, Part I

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2010
      It's spring break at Northwestern and as I write this Tuesday morning, I'm on a plane from San Francisco to Denver on my way to Columbus, Ohio. My kids have their spring break next week during my first week of classes for the spring quarter. So no family vacation for me and instead I'm bouncing around the country.

      Stop one is Palo Alto for a meeting of the Council the Computing Community Consortium (CCC), my first since joing the council in January. Not be confused with the other CCC in my life, the Conference on Computational Complexity.

      CCC is an NSF-sponsored program of the CRA that finds opportunities for computer reasearchers programs in the NSF and other governmental agencies. CCC acts like a facilitator, an interface between CS researchers and governmental funding agencies and policy makers.

      So what does the CCC do? A few of its activities.

      Many of you are wondering about the future of the CI Fellows program. All I can say is it is still up in the air and as the funding situation is being worked out.

      Because of the CCC meeting I missed the first half of Laci Babai's 60th Birthday Celebration Conference at Ohio State. More on that event tomorrow.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 3/24/2010 06:11:00 AM