[Computational Complexity] Stoc Travel Support/WELCOME BACK LANCE!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2010
      (REMINDER AND UPDATE: If you are a a grad student you can apply for travel support for STOC 2010. See here for details. One update on that: since registration and hotel information for STOC 2010 is not posted yet, you can estimate it on your application, or say + registration, + Hotel. NOTE- deadline is Friday March 26. If you are a professor I ask you to email the theory grad students at your school, who don't read this blog (if there are any), about the travel support available.)

      To welcome Lance back from his Blog Sabbatical here is a post that will inspire comments like When is Lance coming back? I even tossed in a few mistakes to feed the grammar-trolls. (Is ``grammar trolls'' hyphenated?)

      Some states are banning cell phones while driving or texting while driving. Not sure what I think of that. Should they ban putting on makeup while driving? How about arguing with your spouse while driving? Maybe they should have a general rule about driving under the influence of distraction. But that is probably too vague. On the other hand, I think we can all agree that they should outlaw tweeting while piloting:

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 3/22/2010 01:04:00 PM