[Computational Complexity] Repost on Turing and Wasserman- lets talk about...

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16 7:08 AM
      One of the commenters on the post on the recent Turing Award and the Waterman award pointed out that the context I gave lead to a discussion that was NOT about the work of Chuck Thacker or Subhash Khot. The commenter said: Can you post this again without the additional context so that the community could write some comments on their work OKAY, consider it done. Now, commenters, its up to you.
      1. The Turing Award for 2009 was given recently to Chuck Thacker LINK. See here. He developed the first modern PC.
      2. The Alan T. Waterman award was given to Subhash Khot. See here. He formulated the Unique Game Conjecture and has proven many consequences of it.

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 3/16/2010 09:07:00 AM