[Computational Complexity] Kurt Mehlhorn to receive EATCS award

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2010
      Kurt Mehlhorn will receive EATCS award! Read about it here.

      He has had a LONG and PRODUCTIVE career with many EXCELLENT papers. While he is mostly known for data structures and algorithms and Comp Geom, he did do some complexity theory early on. Here is a list of his papers up to 2007. Note that the first few are in complexity theory.

      People in TCS can change fields easier than math since there is less background to learn. At least that was true at one time. I think it is harder to switch fields in Comp Sci now then it was then since now we know more.

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 2/17/2010 11:39:00 AM