[Computational Complexity] FOCS 2010 CALL FOR PAPES is out!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2010
      (Univ of MD at College Park had Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Thursday all off. I've spend most of that time shoveling snow, so I am tired. Hence I am glad to have a SHORT post today- easier on the hands and arms.)

      FOCS 2010 call for papers is out. Where is the link? You just read it! I did? Third Base!

      Most important byte of info: April 7 is submission deadline. If a student said that he was sick and had a doctors note, you would likely give him an extension for a deadline. For FOCS, if a potential submitter tells the program chair that he is sick, I doubt he'll get an extension.

      IF you had your paper rejected from STOC then should you submit to FOCS? It would be nice (though hard to really do) if the reports from STOC said Even though the paper was turned down, it was one of those papers which could have gone either way, so it could get into FOCS or XXX. or Your paper is not worthy of STOC or FOCS or XXX.

      I am writing THIS before I actually post (duh). Right now if you type FOCS 2010 into Google, Our FOCS conference is the SECOND entry. Here is hoping that this post will boost it to the top.

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 2/11/2010 02:17:00 PM