[Computational Complexity] The more things change the more things change

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2010
      There have been some articles on how much things have changed because of technology. One from the Washington Post Magazine, titled Going, Going, ..., Gone lists out items that are fading out of our lives Here are a few:
      1. Cash: When is the last time you used cash in a transaction that was over 20 dollars? Over 10?
      2. Slide rules: I thought they were already gone gone gone. You can buy them off the web here. The site does not seem to think of them as antiques.
      3. Truly blind dates: In my day we couldn't Google our dates ahead of time.
      4. FAX machines: Not sure they are really going going gone. If they had come out earlier they would be far more popular. If they had come out later they would have been far less popular. Are they here to stay?
      5. Secretaries: I can't imagine having someone type my papers for me or book a trip for me.
      6. Tonsillectomies: I actually got one when I was 8. I hope that wasn't a mistake.

      However, nothing demonstrates how things have changed better than this unaired Pilot of the TV show 24 from 1994 here.~

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 2/04/2010 09:00:00 AM