[Computational Complexity] Sam Roweis (1972-2010)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2010
      Sam Roweis, an NYU CS professor specializing in machine learning, took his own life last Tuesday night. Jennifer Linden and Maneesh Sahani set up a weblog to share memories of Sam and John Langford's blog also has a collection of remembrances

      Suicide never makes sense especially with someone who seemed so happy in life. Makes us take stock about how we handle our own stress in our academic and family worlds and causes us to realize what is really important in life.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 1/18/2010 06:33:00 AM