[Computational Complexity] FOCS News

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2009
      Last month I suggested that students should go to FOCS even if they didn't have a paper there. I doubt my post had much to do with it, but I heard FOCS did attract many students this year. However there seemed to be fewer of the older participants and in particular very little news from the blogosphere.

      Some news beyond my student reports earlier this week: Lipton posted about the 50th FOCS day of talks. Shaddin Dughmi guest posts for Noam. Joe Fitzsimmons "pretends" to be a computer scientist and tweeted from FOCS. Shiva Kintali promises a post soon on open problems from FOCS talks.

      Still sad to see the 50th FOCS with such limited coverage. So if you went, let me know how you enjoyed the conference. What were your favorite talks? Any controversies in the business meeting? What's the gossip? Inquiring minds want to know.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 10/30/2009 04:35:00 AM