[My Computational Complexity Web Log] Freeman on CISE Reorganization

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2004
      Peter Freeman, Assistant Director of NSF for CISE, has an "important message" on the recent reorganization. Good to see he's finally acknowledging the confusion about the changes, though I would still like to see more of the philosophy behind it.

      I talked recently to a former program director who worries that the new clusters will make it more difficult for theory since they now have to directly compete with more applied areas. He also worries that removing power from the program director position will make it even harder to recruit good program directors in the future.

      --
      Posted by Lance Fortnow to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 1/5/2004 04:10:08 PM