[Computational Complexity] The IT Rules

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2009
      My family has discovered a British Series, the IT Crowd, about two techies in a corporate IT department. An American version never got past the pilot phase.

      One of the running jokes are the immediate responses given to anyone who calls.

      1. Have you tried turning it off and on?
      2. Are you sure it's plugged in?

      My kids often track me down when the computer, cell phone, Wii or some of our many other tech devices don't work. Almost invariably I solve the problem by turning the device off and on, and in one case my daughter's cell phone wasn't charging because the charger wasn't plugged into the outlet. So I just remind them of the IT rules and they laugh but they'll forget for the next time.

      So just remember: When in doubt, reboot. Too bad this usually doesn't work for fixing proofs.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 9/29/2009 07:26:00 AM