[Computational Complexity] My two cents on P vs NP

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2009
      There have been several posts on blogs about P vs NP and two expository articles. Is there anything else to add. I'm not sure, but here are my 2 cents.
      1. QUESTION: If it is shown that P &ne NP then how will this affect the real world? ANSWER: The solution will give great insight into computation and thus will ultimately help the real world of algorithms. QUESTION: How do you know this? ANSWER: Um...
      2. QUESTION: If you were told that P vs NP was REALLY SOLVED yesterday and asked to bet which way it went, how would you bet? I would bet P=NP. I actually believe that P&ne NP; however, my believe in the paucity of current techniques for showing P &ne NP is greater than my believe that P&ne NP.

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 9/24/2009 12:26:00 PM