[Computational Complexity] Raking Up the Frequent Flyer Miles

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2009
      This week I'm at Stanford for the TARK and EC conferences co-located for the first time. Next week in Paris for Complexity. Also a shout out to ICALP in Rhodes also being held this week including a special day "to honor the mature period of Christos Papadimitriou contribution to CS". Happy maturity Christos!

      First up, TARK, Theoretical Aspects of Rationality and Knowledge. TARK draws from a broad range from theoretical computer science, AI, economics, linguistics, psychology and philosophy who try to model questions like what does it mean to know something, to be aware of it, to be rational about one's decisions and how do these models affect the outcome of various interactions.

      Much of my recent research looks at finding the right ways to bring efficient computation (from a complexity theorists view) to economic models. My TARK papers, Program Equilibria and Discounted Computation Time and A Computational Theory of Awareness and Decision Making (with Nikhil Devanur) are two attempts in this direction.

      This will be my first time tweeting conferences in case you want to follow at least some of what's going on.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 7/07/2009 09:25:00 AM