[Computational Complexity] SIGACT

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2009
      I'm honored to have been elected as the new chair of SIGACT, the ACM Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation Theory. The rest of the executive committee (as of July 1) will be Cynthia Dwork, Anna Lysyanskaya, Michael Mitzenmacher, Mike Saks and Richard Ladner as previous chair. I look forward to working with all of them.

      A fond goodbye and thanks to those leaving the committee: Richard Cole, Joan Feigenbaum, √Čva Tardos and Hal Gabow. We will have a difficult act to follow.

      SIGACT has a small number of formal responsibilities: Running the STOC conference, co-sponsoring and cooperating with several other conferences, handling prizes and awards, publishing SIGACT News and acting as the theory liaison to the ACM mostly in dealing with publications. But SIGACT plays a more important role, as the organization that addresses and protects the interests and needs of the theoretical computer science community, the whole community, not just those who come to our conferences regularly.

      So please let us know what issues you think are important to the theoretical computer science and how SIGACT can help address these needs. Feel free to contact me or any other member of the executive committee. SIGACT exists to serve you.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 6/22/2009 09:38:00 AM