[Computational Complexity] Raymond Smullyan's Birthday

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2009

      CLYDE: I met Raymond Smullyan in the around 1985. He was old then. When did he pass away?

      BILL: Lets look it up on Wikipedia. (He does.) OH, he didn't! He is still alive! And his birthday is May 25. OH, I can post about it ON his birthday.

      CLYDE: What will you say?

      BILL: I will say that he wrote many popular books on self-reference which were quite good, but after a while somewhat repetitive. And that he his latest book, Logical Labyrinths came out this year, and claims to bridge the gap between the type of logic in his popular books and serious logic. WOW, looks like he is still active!

      CLYDE: Isn't that a short post?

      BILL: I'll find other stuff to put around the post to make it a bit longer.

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 5/25/2009 02:37:00 PM