[Computational Complexity] Requst for Info on Prob Hypergraphs

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2009
      A grad student recently asked me for some refs on probabilistic hypergraphs. I didn't know any, but I suggested we harness the power of the internet and of the blog. Here are his questions. If you know any refs please comment.

      (Here are his questions.)

      I have a problem that deals with coalitions. The basic idea is to have a hypergraph with a bunch of nodes representing actors and edges representing coalitions. Such a hypergraph would have the following properties:
      1. non-regular (edges can have any number of nodes, and different edges in the same graph can have different numbers of nodes)
      2. down-set (the existence of an edge implies the existence of all edges that are a subset of that edge)
      3. finite
      4. probabilistic EDGES (I had found previous work on probabilistic nodes, but not for edges)
      Does anyone know of any work on these types of hypergraphs? ~

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 5/11/2009 10:56:00 AM