[Computational Complexity] New York THEORY DAY 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2009

      Dear Organizers of IBM Research|NYU|Columbia Theory Day,

      You emailed me the ad for Spring 2009 Theory Day. THANKS!
      You did this about a week ago. Hence, as is often the
      case this is too much short notice to go.
      Please announce it earlier in the future.

      Also, I could not find on your website a pointer to the
      abstracts of this years talks (If I missed it then please
      let me know.  Other readers, also let me know.)

      And lastly, your page on Recent and Upcoming Theory Days
      should be retitled
      Theory Days from 2003-2007 or be updated.

                                              bill gasarch

      P.S. The talks look AWESOME!

                       The IBM Research|NYU|Columbia Theory Day
                               Friday, May 22, 2009

      The Theory Day will be held at the Davis auditorium,
      412 Schapiro (CEPSR) building, Columbia University, New York.

                                        Program

      9:30   - 10:00    Coffee and bagels

      10:00  - 10:55    Dr. Dana Moshkovitz (IAS)
                        Two Query PCP with Sub-Constant Error

      10:55  - 11:05    Short break

      11:05  - 12:00    Dr. Craig Gentry (IBM Research)
                        Fully Homomorphic Encryption Using Ideal Lattices

      12:00  -  2:00    Lunch break

       2:00  -  2:55    Dr. Mark Braverman (Microsoft Research)
                        Approximating bounded depth circuits with polynomials

       2:55  -  3:15    Coffee break

       3:15  -  4:10    Dr. Muthu Muthukrishnan (Google Labs)
                        3 Problems in Internet Ad Systems

      For directions, please see DIRECTIONS

      To subscribe to their mailing list, follow instructions at HERE

      Organizers:
      Yevgeniy Dodis   dodis@...
      Rocco Servedio   rocco@...
      Tal Rabin        talr@...
      Baruch Schieber  sbar@...

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 5/07/2009 11:03:00 AM