[My Computational Complexity Web Log] The NSF and SIGACT News

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      First an update on NSF program solicitations: The Formal and Mathematical Foundations cluster has posted its solicitation which includes computational complexity. The deadline is March 4. The program announcement for the Emerging Models and Technologies for Computation Cluster, which includes quantum and biological computing, is still under development. Also the ITR solicitation has also been posted, with some major changes from previous years.

      Donald Knuth's tribute to Robert Floyd highlights the December SIGACT News. Also reviews of a bunch of crypto books, a column on sublinear-time algorithms and the complexity theory column on "Post's Lattice with Applications to Complexity Theory."

      In my mailbox yesterday was not one but five copies of SIGACT News shrink-wrapped together. Once I unwrapped them and looked at the labels, only the outer one belonged to me. There were two for other professors in my department, one for our library and one for the library of Loyola University Chicago, which is on the other side of the city. I'm not sure if it was a mistake or some attempt by the ACM to reduce mailing costs, but I hope this is a one-time occurrence.

      --
      Posted by Lance Fortnow to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 12/2/2003 06:26:31 AM