[Computational Complexity] NASA's Poll a Sham!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2009
      Recall that NASA held a poll to determine the name of the third node of the international space station. I blogged about the fact that Stephen Colbert campaigned to win and did! The name Serenity came in second place.

      NASA had three choices
      1. Name it Colbert. Show the world democracy in action! (at least on unimportant things).
      2. Name it Serenity. Reiterate that the poll was more to take the pulse of the public, but they really do want something more in line with the first two nodes: Harmony and Unity.
      3. Use the 7th place winner Tranquility and offer some half-assed reason for it.
      They chose option (3). However, they are going to name the treadmill that goes into the node:
      Combined Operational Load Bearing External Resistance Treadmill
      ~

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 4/20/2009 10:28:00 AM