[Computational Complexity] Skimming Journals

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2009
      Many journals have an email service where they will send you a table of contents each issue so you can keep up with what is in the journal, see for example Theory of Computing. I find these services invaluable as otherwise I wouldn't remember to check each journal and I like seeing what papers each journal has. Many of the societies and professional publishers require that you have a digital subscription to get the emails, supposedly an "added extra". But these journals lose the chance to advertise their papers to non-subscribers by making these email services unavailable for them.

      In the last couple of weeks somehow I have been involuntarily subscribed to some email contents of a few lesser known journals. I'm not sure whether someone hopes I mention these journals on the blog, or is subscribing many theorists, or is just playing a big practical joke (don't get any ideas). But please don't do it. Feel free to send me a single email asking me if I want to subscribe. But if I get subscribed where I have to opt out instead of opting in, I will opt out every time.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 3/13/2009 06:58:00 AM