[Computational Complexity] Math Solves Problems

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2009
      Caught the following commercial the other day.

      I spent the entire commercial trying to guess what company was paying for this. Should have recognized the IBM blue.

      Consider the first two lines:

      Math is the only language all human beings share.
      Math can better predict financial markets…
      One should never use "only" when bragging. One can always find counterexamples.

      Perhaps these days IBM should have left out the part about "financial markets". Though the New York Times Tuesday gave the credit (actually mostly blame) to the physicists.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 3/12/2009 05:25:00 AM