[Computational Complexity] The Rooster

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2008
      My daughters came up with the following joke.
      Two roosters sat on on a barn. The first rooster asked the second what time he was supposed to crow. The second rooster replied "in the morning".

      At 12:01 AM, the first rooster screamed "Cockle-Doodle-Do" waking up the farmer and his family. The second rooster said "Why are you doing that now?"

      The first rooster said, "I looked up 'morning' in Wikipedia and it said morning starts at midnight."

      The moral of the story: Don't trust Wikipedia.

      After coming up with the joke, my daughters wanted to change the Wikipedia entry for morning to make the joke funnier but I talked them out of it. I always have a hard time convincing them that Wikipedia is usually quite trustworthy when their teachers at school keep pounding on how unreliable Wikipedia can be.

      Enjoy the holidays. We'll be back next week with the Complexity Year in Review.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 12/24/2008 07:52:00 AM