[Computational Complexity] Blatant Plugs

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2008
      We are looking for a postdoc to join the new CS Theory and Economics groups at Northwestern. We'll consider any theory candidates though prefer candidates with research connecting both areas. We're also looking to bring in several graduate students from all areas of theory. Apply here.

      Over at TTI-Chicago (where I still am an adjunct professor), we are planning to hire a couple of research assistant professors (3-year non-tenure-track) and possibly a tenure-track position as well in theoretical computer science.

      This blog would be remiss in not mentioning the postdoc opportunities for complexity theorists at the new Center for Computational Intractability based in Princeton. But why be in New Jersey when you can live in the land of Obama?

      The call for papers for both the 2009 Conference on Computational Complexity and the Conference on Electronic Commerce are up. Both have deadlines slightly after the STOC notification date in early February.

      Midwest Theory Day will be held Saturday December 6 at Northwestern, first time at Northwestern since 1993.

      And while I'm plugging, don't forget to send your complexity journal submissions to the ACM Transactions on Computation Theory.

      Bill and I are off for Thanksgiving. Have a great holiday and we'll see you on Monday.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 11/26/2008 07:46:00 AM