[Computational Complexity] What is your best paper? Ambigous!
- I sometimes ask people
What is your best paper?This question is actually ambigous. Here are criteria that you can use.
- Most important to the public. E.g., a big breakthrough people care about.
- Most important in your view E.g., a big breakthrough on a problem that you care about, but perhaps others do not.
- Most citations. This might be the same as important to public but may take more time to be evident as such. This one is verifiable!
- You are personally attatched to it ind. of what the public things. E.g., you are delighted that it used theorms in p-adic cohomology to solve a problem in number theory, but nobody else cares.
- You had a big contribution to it.
- You liked how it evolved.
Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 11/21/2008 10:55:00 AM