[Computational Complexity] Jogging on Trips

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2008
      I took up jogging by necessity. My doctor told me I needed more exercise and when I moved to Amsterdam in '96 there were no real health clubs to be found in the nearby suburb where we lived. The biking paths made excellent jogging paths and so I picked up the sport.

      Now I am back in Amsterdam and had a nice run this morning along one of the main canals. The bike paths had more bikes than I remembered but I managed to avoid any major accidents.

      I love taking a run when I travel. Most cities are located near water and you can usually find a nice long flat path along rivers or lakes. I've jogged along the Danube in Ulm and Vienna. The most beautiful was along the Pacific in Kaikoura, New Zealand and for the other extreme: Stuttgart. I can't always find a path—Hong Kong has too many hills and docks.

      Jogging gives you a chance to see the city, it helps with jet lag, and I feel a bit better after it ends. If only running wasn't so time consuming and so much work.

      Chicago is no exception with beautiful paths along Lake Michigan from Hyde Park (home of U. Chicago) up to the North end of the city. Come, run and enjoy.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 9/09/2008 02:29:00 AM