[Computational Complexity] Rules for Success

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2008
      Randy Pausch, a CS professor at CMU, passed away on Friday. That gave me the impetus to watch his famous last lecture video. You should really take the time to watch it if you haven't already.

      Pausch talks mostly about childhood dreams. Makes one think about my own childhood dreams: Alas, someone else beat me to Fermat's last theorem and driving the A-train doesn't seem as exciting now as it did to the 5-year old me.

      But Pausch's talk really emphasizes his simple keys to success:

      • Make the right connections.
      • Be Persistent.
      • Be Patient.
      • Work Hard.
      Now those are rules to live by.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 7/29/2008 06:18:00 AM