[Computational Complexity] Vinyl Record Bowls

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24 5:17 AM

      Walking through an small art fair recently we came across a booth selling vinyl records deformed into bowls. They proudly kept a long list of classic rock albums they had desecrated to create those bowls. What kind of world do we live in where one takes great music and turns it into a vessel to hold dog food?

      I reacquired a phonograph player a couple of years ago but I admit I rarely use it. The problem is technical: You can only get at best 23 minutes of continuous play from a record, as opposed to 75 minutes from a CD or days from my iPod. Somehow I survived childhood changing the record every 20 minutes or so but I'm not sure how.

      When my children first saw a vinyl record they just called it a large CD and they didn't know who I would fit it in a player. Their children will likely never know physical media for music at all. Let's see them make a bowl out of an MP3.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 7/24/2008 06:57:00 AM