[Computational Complexity] A NEW Blog in Town-kdphd

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
      Check out kdphd.blogspot.com a new blog by a ***SORELLE*** a female theorist. Her first blog is about a women-in-computing workshop she went to.

      What will ***SORELLE*** blog about in the future? She says it will be women's issues (a term she doesn't like- perhaps she'll blog about what to replace it with), computer science, grad school, politics, the politics of computer science grad school, and whatever else comes up.

      Note that her area is Comp Geometry. She is from University of Maryland and I am happy to say I have had no influence on her whatsoever. She is her own women.

      Why is her name ***SORELLE*** ? Because I was once asking people what their stage names would be if they had one. Sorelle is one of those people like MADONNA and CHER and others celebereties that have one word names Hence she will always be ***SORELLE*** to me. Also, I don't know her last name.

      A pointer to her blog can now be found on our blog under Sorelle. (Lance is not big on asterisks and capital letters.)

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 7/02/2008 07:33:00 AM
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008
        (***SORELLE*** requested and approved this message, though I wrote it.)

        There is a new theory blogger on the scene and as you read that sentence you may be wondering `oh, who is he?' That would be the wrong question.

        Check out kdphd.blogspot.com a new blog by a ***SORELLE*** a female theorist. Her first blog is a short intro to herself. The second one is about a women-in-computing workshop she went to.

        What will ***SORELLE*** blog about in the future? She says it will be women's issues (a term she doesn't like- perhaps she'll blog about what to replace it with), computer science, grad school, politics, the politics of computer science grad school, and whatever else comes up. She is multi-dimensional and so I assume her blog will be too.

        She is a Comp Geometry student from The University of Maryland. I am happy to say I have had no influence on her whatsoever. She is her own women.

        Why is her name ***SORELLE*** ? Because I was once asking people what their stage names would be if they had one. Sorelle is one of those people like MADONNA and CHER and others celebs that have one word names. Hence she will always be ***SORELLE*** to me. Actually, I don't know her last name.

        A pointer to her blog can now be found on our blog under `Sorelle'. (Lance is not big on asterisks and capital letters.)

        --
        Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 7/02/2008 08:21:00 AM