[Computational Complexity] In my day...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2008
      Can still register for CCC08: Register here.

      (A reader emailed me the website and asked me to Blog on it.)

      According to this, Math Exams in England have gotten much easier since 1951. The article also points to the exams the exams themselves so you can judge for yourself.
        The later exams look easier to me but not that much easier as to be a concern. The earlier ones had proofs, but the later ones had some concepts not on the earlier ones.
      1. Every generation tends to think that life has gotten easier since they were a kid.
        1. When I was a kid I we had to go to the library and copy articles! We didn't have your fancy websites and printers. And to get to the library we had to walk 5 miles in the snow, uphill, both ways. And we wore cardboard boxes on our feet for shoes.
        2. You had cardboard boxes!
        3. You had feet!
      2. Also, each generation thinks that the way they did things is the way things should be done Young people today don't learn how to use a Slide Rule. Wimps!
      3. But never mind what I think. What do you think?

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 6/18/2008 09:58:00 AM