[Computational Complexity] SODA 2009 Call for Papers- and a comment on it

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10 5:30 AM
      (Claire Mathieu requested that we post this.)

      The web site for submitting papers to SODA 2009 is up and running. Please see the "Submissions" button in the right-hand side menu of the page at SIAM.

      A few important differences from previous years:
      1. There is a pre-submission deadline of June 26, one week before the final submission deadline of July 3. By June 26, authors must have entered a title and short abstract of the paper which they intend to submit. (One goal of this is to speedup the assignment of submissions to program committee members.)
      2. The submission must contain complete proofs. (Part of the proofs can be relegated to the appendix if they do not fit in the requisite number of pages.)

      BILL'S COMMENT ON THE POST: I wonder why they require complete proofs. Did some big result fall apart recently? Is this a good idea? Will it cut down submissions? Drastically? Will the proofs be badly written? very badly written? ignored? Why is SODA doing this and no other major theory conference has required this? Will I refuse to submit my proof that P=NP because of these requirements?

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 6/10/2008 07:29:00 AM