[Computational Complexity] If we had 12 fingers on our hands then Obama would...

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2008
      dits have said the following (paraphrased):
      Hillary needs to win the PA primary by double-digit to get back in this race. (She ended up with something like a 9.2 or 9.4 advantage depending on who you ask. She rounds up to 10, he rounds down to 9.)
      What if we had 12 fingers on our hands? Then we would use a base 12 system and she would not be close to the magical ``double-digit lead.'' Would she drop out? No, but the win could not be spinned as dramatically.

      Pundits and others do not realize that base 10 is arbitrary and is not connected to anything interesting mathematically or politically.

      Hippies used to say Don't trust anyone over 30 without realizing that they had given in to the establishments insistence that base 10 rules us.

      Its been said 50 is the new 40. Why 50 and 40? Should be 49 is the new 36 since squares are ind of base. (Is 100 is the new 81?)

      The Beatles had it right with their song When I'm 64.

      A while back this blog noted its 1000th entry. Mistake- we should have noted its 1024th entry.

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 4/25/2008 11:08:00 AM