Vogts resigns from Scotland job

  • Jim McAlwane
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
    • Steve McGhee
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
        They couldn't even sack the poor sod properly.
        Berti had been sitting at his desk at 11.30am and found he didn't have a lot
        to do so he went
        out for a stroll, seeing as how the rain had let up.
        The board came to their decision, chickened out of telling him and
        instructed the assistant to
        the Chief Executive's PA to nip across and hand Berti the
        letter.........only she couldn't find
        him.
        In the end it was Archie the car park attendant who tapped Berti on the
        shoulder and told
        him to finish his sandwich (for he'd nipped over to the bakery) and head
        back to his office
        for "a wee bit of news".
        They gave him an hour to clear his desk and a tenner for a taxi back home.

        I can't think what difference changing the gaffer will make........it's
        still the same bunch of
        Premiership rejects and SPL journeymen the new man will have to pick from.

        Who's up next?

        Ah....Italy away.....piece of cake!
      • JJ
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
          --- In completeandutterrubbish@yahoogroups.com, "Steve McGhee" <steven@m...>
          wrote:
          > They couldn't even sack the poor sod properly.
          > Berti had been sitting at his desk at 11.30am and found he didn't have a lot
          > to do so he went
          > out for a stroll, seeing as how the rain had let up.
          > The board came to their decision, chickened out of telling him and
          > instructed the assistant to
          > the Chief Executive's PA to nip across and hand Berti the
          > letter.........only she couldn't find
          > him.
          > In the end it was Archie the car park attendant who tapped Berti on the
          > shoulder and told
          > him to finish his sandwich (for he'd nipped over to the bakery) and head
          > back to his office
          > for "a wee bit of news".
          > They gave him an hour to clear his desk and a tenner for a taxi back home.
          >
          > I can't think what difference changing the gaffer will make........it's
          > still the same bunch of
          > Premiership rejects and SPL journeymen the new man will have to pick from.
          >
          > Who's up next?
          >
          > Ah....Italy away.....piece of cake!

          **More like a piece of PARMESAN!

          So, Steve, who´s the replacement for Vogts?

          Wasn´t Rudi Voller sacked fr Roma recently?(hint hint)

          JJ
        • Mick Capewell
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
            So, Steve, who´s the replacement for Vogts?

            ****How about Gary Megson? He's used to working with a load of rubbish...
            :-)
          • Steve McGhee
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
              > So, Steve, who´s the replacement for Vogts?
              >
              > Wasn´t Rudi Voller sacked fr Roma recently?(hint hint)
              >
              > JJ

              **Looks very much like it'll be Walter Smith of Rangers & Everton
              parentage.
              He's, ahem, "respected", apparently....which means the tabloids will
              give him a month's more grace than Berti got.
              He'll rant a wee bit but offend no one...most importantly he'll do
              what the knobs at the SFA want.

              By the way, don't believe any of the bollox in the papers about
              the "Tartan Army" being the world's most super-duper fans...they're
              a bunch of kilted retards who finance their trips abroad by flogging
              bootlegged Buckfast on the Paisley black market and selling their
              superfluous kids into the white slave trade whist singing "See you,
              Jimmy" in the key of E flat.

              Their true character came out when Berti got gobbed on by about 80
              of them at Chisinau airport.

              10 years ago things were different...but the Irish have taken over
              their mantle these days. The Tartan Army of 2004 is but a twisted
              parody.

              C-ty
            • Jim McAlwane
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                How about Colin Calderwood for the Scots job?

              • Steve McGhee
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                  --- In completeandutterrubbish@yahoogroups.com, Jim McAlwane
                  <marmaladeskies67@y...> wrote:
                  > How about Colin Calderwood for the Scots job?

                  **How would he feel about the drop in salary??
                • Mike Page
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                    I can never understand when a club or country goes looking for a new
                    manager, why the names of recently sacked managers enter the frame. In
                    almost all cases, they were sacked for a reason.

                    Mike

                    So, Steve, who´s the replacement for Vogts?

                    ****How about Gary Megson? He's used to working with a load of rubbish...
                    :-)

                    short cut to group homepage
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/completeandutterrubbish/
                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Steve McGhee
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                      > I can never understand when a club or country goes looking for a
                      new
                      > manager, why the names of recently sacked managers enter the
                      frame. In
                      > almost all cases, they were sacked for a reason.
                      >
                      > Mike

                      **I think the current record holder for length of service is Roly
                      Howard, who's been manager at Marine FC - in what's now the Unibond
                      League but used to be the Northern Premier League - since 1972.

                      He's a few games short of 2,000 matches in charge!! Wow!!

                      But all good things must come to an end (this from the Unibond Lge
                      Forum):

                      "Unibond League Marine FC announce the plans for the retirement of
                      veteran boss Roly Howard at the end of season 2004/5.

                      Howard, 68, now in charge in his 32nd season at Rossett Park took
                      over as first team manager at the beginning of season 1972/73 after
                      two seasons looking after the reserves. Amazingly he has managed
                      Marine for over 1900 games and together with previous chairman Tom
                      Culshaw has masterminded the most successful period in Marine's
                      history. For over three decades Howard's achievements for Marine
                      have been the envy of the Non-League world"
                    • Mick Capewell
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004

                        ****Delete the 'almost' :-)