Delaying the inevitable?

  • Jim McAlwane
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
      Nobody likes to see a club die but it looks very bleak :-(

      McCobbler

    • Steve McGhee
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bradford_city/3853265.stm
        Nobody likes to see a club die but it looks very bleak :-(

        McCobbler

        ***This isn't meant to sound melodramatic but probably will......remember
        the
        huge fire at their ground which killed all those poor devils?
        Started by someone throwing a lit ciggie under the main stand?

        Well, 18 months or so earlier I was at Valley Parade - it was a day when
        there
        wasn't a game on - and as we walked round the back of that very stand, I
        pointed out
        all the crap that was strewn about under the wooden beams.

        I remember saying to my mate "what a state to keep the place in" and then
        "that's a
        bloody fire hazard, that is".

        18 months later, Jim, I can still remember my blood running ice cold as I
        watched
        Grandstand..........the club were found culpable in court but for ages
        afterwards
        I felt, stupid though it might be, a sense of guilt. Like I should have said
        something
        at the time. Human nature, I s'pose?