Re: International Friendlies

  • Steve McGhee
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      > > **I've eaten something that's violently disagreeing with me!
      That's 4 day=
      > > now :-(
      >
      > **DITTO, though it´s 3 days now!
      >
      > I´m too old for this SHIT!(oops!)
      >
      > JJ

      ***You haven't been tucking into that smelly herring, have ya?
      What was its name again....smorgasbrund or something?
    • JJ
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
        --- In completeandutterrubbish@yahoogroups.com, "Steve McGhee" <steven@m...=

        wrote:
        > > > **I've eaten something that's violently disagreeing with me!
        > That's 4 day=
        > > > now :-(
        > >
        > > **DITTO, though it´s 3 days now!
        > >
        > > I´m too old for this SHIT!(oops!)
        > >
        > > JJ
        >
        > ***You haven't been tucking into that smelly herring, have ya?
        > What was its name again....smorgasbrund or something?

        = SURSTRÖMMING, in Swedish, i.e. ROTTEN FISH aka Fermented Herring, in Engl=
        ish!

        http://www.escapeartist.com/efam32/swedish.html

        http://www.iphc.washington.edu/staff/joan/scand.htm
      • Steve McGhee
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
          Surprise result of the night award goes to.........the Maldives!!
          Well done, boys.

          "In the Asian World Cup qualifying competition the Maldives served
          up an upset of the first order by drawing 0-0 with South Korea.

          The South Koreans finished fourth in the last World Cup whereas the
          Maldives, an Indian Ocean archipelago of 280,000 souls, suffered a
          then-record 17-0 World Cup defeat to Iran in 1997. South Korea's
          Portuguese coach Humberto Coelho blamed the "scorching heat" in
          Male, refereeing decisions and the lack of any water on the
          touchlines"
        • Roger Purbrick
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
            On Thursday, April 1, 2004, 9:28:54 AM, Steve wrote:

            > ***You haven't been tucking into that smelly herring, have ya?
            > What was its name again....smorgasbrund or something?

            It may have been a stressed herring! according to the TV (so it must
            be true) high levels of poisonous stuff (can't remember the exact
            scientific term) can build up in fish flesh if it gets too stressed .

            I would have thought that being caught in a big net and slowly
            asphyxiating would be stressful for all the fish really.

            --

            Cat