Happy, Jim?

  • Steve McGhee
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
      Northampton's Colin Calderwood has been named the Nationwide
      Division Three manager of the month for February.

      Calderwood steered the Cobblers to 15 points from 18.

      He said: "Although we are currently eight points adrift we are
      currently striving for a place in the top seven and the players have
      the character to achieve that.

      "We will need another month like February to reach the play-offs -
      but I believe the players have it in them."
    • Jim McAlwane
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
        Northampton's Colin Calderwood has been named the Nationwide
        Division Three manager of the month for February.

        ****Yeah, only trouble is, you know the score, manager of the month, one month, crap the next one! I dunno :-)
        See the top of the elite tables? Celtic are 16 pts clear, the A*se are 9, both haven't lost all season, what a bore, give me Cobblers anyday.

        McCobbler
      • Steve McGhee
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
          > See the top of the elite tables? Celtic are 16 pts clear, the A*se
          are 9, both haven't lost all season, what a bore, give me Cobblers
          anyday.

          > McCobbler

          **I'd like to see Celtic (& Rangers, for that matter) banished to
          the Premiership, if only to see how their fans react to NOT being
          perenially first or second in the league.
          I reckon it might be quite a culture shock - neither club have ever
          been involved in a relegation battle.

          Ever notice how promotion & relegation seem to be concepts alien to
          professional sport in the USA?
          It almost works the other way round - the poorest teams in the NFL
          always get the choice of the best available draft players for the
          following season. In theory it should mean no team finishes last for
          too long a period. Or first. The days of the Dallas or 49ers
          dynasties confined to the past.
          Somehow, though, San Diego seem hell bent on bucking that trend. No
          matter who they choose, they get worse every year.
          Maybe their stadium's jinxed.
          It can happen.

          C-ty

          C-ty