RE: [completeandutterrubbish] Wellingborough Train Station........

  • Roger Simmonds
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004

      What!! Worst!!!

      A fine example of a Midland Railway goods shed and you say worst.  Pah, pestilence on you my friend.

      Fluffy

      Here it is Steve, probably the worst train station around :-)

    • Steve McGhee
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
        Jim,
        can you resend the picture?
        I didn't receive it for some reason.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
          can you resend the picture?
          I didn't receive it for some reason.

          ***No problem, here it is and yes, it is the worst station in the country, I've not heard a good word about it!!!
        • Steve McGhee
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
            ***No problem, here it is and yes, it is the worst station in the country,
            I've not heard a good word about it!!!

            **Takes me right back!
            See the footbridge at the top of the pic?
            We were halfway across it before pondering "you'd think Peterborough would
            have a bigger station than this".........
            is there still a garage across from the station?
            all they had for sale that night was cheese & onion crisps and polo
            mints.........I think we bought their entire stock.
            That was a LONG night, Jim!
            Got the mail train in to Kings Cross at about 6am.
            We sat down on a wall in Kensington High Street for a rest at about noon -
            must have fallen asleep cos next thing I knew it was the 5pm rush hour. What
            passers-by must have thought I dread to think.
            "Look at the tramps, mummy" quite probably :-)

            Like yourself with Uxbridge, I've never been back!
          • Jim McAlwane
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
              From: "Steve McGhee" steven@...

              ****Yes!

              > all they had for sale that night was cheese & onion crisps and polo
              > mints.........I think we bought their entire stock.

              ****No change there then, the station is so run down, you can't buy anything
              from there, the car park is for about 6 cars, it's well out of town, a good
              20 minutes walk, I'm not kidding, it's the pits, there is a pub right
              outside, nobody goes in there! Years ago, I went to see a band in London and
              had no way of getting to the station as I was skint and had no car (at the
              time) so I push-biked over, it took me a hour and when I got there, I left
              it outside the pub, I got back expecting it to be gone at about 1 in the
              morning and nobody had touched it, this was a Friday night too!
              You could have stayed at my house Steve :-)
              Anybody know of any worse train stations?

              McCobbler