Re: [completeandutterrubbish] What animal is it?

  • mickcapewell@yahoo.ci.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20 4:30 PM
      Goat? Sheep?
      Looks like summat out of bluddy Narnia!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 20 Apr 2013, at 23:25, "Steve McGhee" <steven.mcghee61@...> wrote:

      These little things bug me.

      This from 1959 – but can anyone figure out what the animal is here?

      I thought it might be a llama but as Salts are based in deepest, darkest Yorkshire, that’s rather unlikely J

      <image001.jpg>

    • Steve McGhee
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20 4:58 PM

        My old pal Eck from Glasgow just sent me a link to Thomas Salt who was one of these Victorian philanthropists

        and set up the town of Saltaire in Yorkshire for his workers.

        He was the first person to import llama hair from South America – Dickens even wrote a journal about it.

        Hence the llama on the club programme.

        Funny – I had Eck down for a hard-drinking Rangers fanatic……..not a Dickens historian!!