The Prisoner

  • stevemcghee61
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2012
      Paid a visit yesterday - at last - to Portmeirion to see all those Prisoner locations.
      What struck me, at first, was how much smaller it appeared to be in real life compared to the screen. Perception, I suppose.

      Felt funny standing exactly where Number Six did all those years ago, though :-)

      Tenner to get in to the village but well worth it - no attempt to rip us off. Even the coffee was reasonably priced.

      If you haven't been - do go sometime. The architecture is quite something.
    • Jim McAlwane
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 7, 2012
        My first visit was spent walking about in the pouring rain with holes in my shoes because I wanted to wear those boating shoes they wear in the series and the shoes were knackered. Lovely place, last went 2 years ago with an ex-girlfriend. I've even been to a couple of Prisoner Conventions where they act out scenes with life size rover's. All good stuff,

        Be Seeing You,

        McCobbler