Re: [completeandutterrubbish] Latest Issue of Record Collector

  • Steve McGhee
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2011

      And, thanks to the Earl of Sandwich, at 8pm tonight.......now I know!

      Just bought it (Smiths on cover) and am totally gobsmacked.

      Page 34...2010 This Is The Year That Was

      Radio/TV Show of the Year section.

      Bloody Hell!

    • Michael Capewell
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2011
        And, thanks to the Earl of Sandwich, at 8pm tonight.......now I know!

        ****Eh? Know what? What did he say?

      • Steve McGhee
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 1, 2011
          And, thanks to the Earl of Sandwich, at 8pm tonight.......now I know!

          ****Eh? Know what? What did he say?

          **You weren't tuned in? So much for the committee :-)

          He said that tomorrow at 7pm we would hear THE radio show.
          The one "as featured on page 34 of this month's Record Collector".
          He was very complimentary!!

          I had a look in the newsagents yesterday but there weren't any left.
          I had assumed it was RCG that you had been medalled for.
        • Michael Capewell
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 2, 2011
            I had a look in the newsagents yesterday but there weren't any left.
            I had assumed it was RCG that you had been medalled for.

            ****I posted what it says here on Thursday night, but to repeat...

            "Mick Capewell's Lighthouse and Rose Coloured Glasses on Radio Cabin, Herne Bay's community radio station; a source of unbridled joy and I-can't-believe-he-just-played-that amazement for all upstanding fans of Psych, Prog, Acid-Folk and you-name-it."

            ...in the Best TV/Radio Shows of the Year section. Anyone listen to Tim Rice's American Pie on Radio 2? That was the only other radio show mentioned y'see, and I must admit to never hearing it.

          • Steve McGhee
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2011
              ****I posted what it says here on Thursday night, but to repeat...

              "Mick Capewell's Lighthouse and Rose Coloured Glasses on Radio Cabin, Herne
              Bay's community radio station; a source of unbridled joy and
              I-can't-believe-he-just-played-that amazement for all upstanding fans of
              Psych, Prog, Acid-Folk and you-name-it."

              **Yahoo must be playing up - this has just pinged into my inbox 2 minutes
              ago.

              At the risk of repeating myself, well done. Good to see recognition end up
              where it's deserved for once.