John Terry.....

  • Jim McAlwane
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      Nothing about him on here, so guys twat or get in there my son, views welcome, mine later as time for work.....

      McCobbler (9 games unbeaten!)

    • mickcapewell
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2010

        Nothing about him on here, so guys twat or get in there my son, views welcome

        **** Of course he's a twat but most of them are, aren't they? Personally I find it hard to have much sympathy for Wayne Bridge, who no doubt has indulged himself with the fairer sex since he became 'loaded' and will surely have no problem finding lots of candidates queueing to become replacement for the bint in question.

        Having said that, yeah Terry does seem to be a most unlikeable character from a 'dodgy' family background. Anyone remember that TV show before the last World Cup in which Rio Ferdinand played Jeremy Beadlesque stunts on his England squad-mates? How we all roared with laughter. But I digress...because Terry was supposed to have been one of the players 'set-up', however he rumbled the 'plot' well before it was put into action because he read a message from the TV people on his girlfriend's (he wasn't married to her yet) mobile phone, so they had to do Shaun Wright-Phillips instead.

        At the time I thought it a bit strange that anyone would be looking at someone else's mobile phone and reading the texts on it, unless this person was a paranoid control freak. The phrase 'nasty piece of work' springs to mind.

        What does an England captain do anyway? Apart from carrying the England pennant to present at the coin-toss...and clapping his hands and shouting 'Come on lads' occasionally. Unlike a Cricket captain, a football skipper has nothing to do with setting out tactics and strategy. Nowadays, coaches like Capello can pass on instructions from their technical areas and are almost on the pitch themselves, and if any England player needs 'geeing up' to play his best for his country then he surely shouldn't be there in the first place!

        So, would Terry be any great loss? I don't think so. If he does go the World Cup, all the hysterical media would be interested in is him, and we had enough of that for years with Beckham, particularly with the Loos woman episode. With him around there's bound to be a bit of 'discontent' in the dressing room...but there probably is anyway. At least if he does carry on as Captain, England have a ready made excuse for when they balls it up again ;-)

        I reckon they should all go on the Jeremy Kyle Show, have a good shout at each other, and get it all sorted out ;-)

      • Roger Purbrick
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2010
          Jim McAlwane wrote:

          > Nothing about him on here, so guys twat or get in there my son, views
          > welcome, mine later as time for work.....

          I just hope he maintains a dignified silence at least. I couldn't take
          another insincere "I've let my family down" apology by a sportsman with
          money to lose. If he says anything it should be, I am what I am, get
          over it. He is a twat though.

          ---
          cat
        • Steve McGhee
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2010
            Nothing about him on here, so guys twat or get in there my son, views
            welcome

            **Well, I'm not English, but, as captain of your national team, I reckon
            he's the
            best on-field candidate there is.

            I can't see that his choice of squeeze should come into it!

            On that subject, I'm reminded of Bobby Moore and that bracelet incident in
            Bogota.

            Remind me - was that ever truly cleared up?

            Don't worry about the effect on England's chances in South Africa - after
            all, everyone
            knows the quarter-finals are their limits.

            (ps - watch out for the Swiss. Dark horse candidates!)