The Prisoner

  • Steve McGhee
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2008
      Read today that that remake is finally going ahead with Ian McKellen and,
      playing
      Number Six, some bloke called Joe Calizieri (or something like that....I've
      never heard of him).

      On the subject of that show, was trawling thru some old videos the other
      day and came across
      a British b-movie from 1962 or so called "The Informers" which stars no less
      than six actors
      who would eventually feature in the show.

      The remake of "The Wicker Man" was on Sky tonight.
      I gave it an hour then switched off.

      Shite.
    • Steve McGhee
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2011

        Nice 8 minute spoof episode of the show by the Powerloafing team.

        “Be CCing You” J

        http://vimeo.com/7660386

      • roger
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 30, 2011

          To: completeandutterrubbish@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [completeandutterrubbish] The Prisoner

          Nice 8 minute spoof episode of the show by the Powerloafing team.

           “Be CCing You” J

           http://vimeo.com/7660386

          ** Agree a very good spoof this Crusty.

          Fluffy

        • Steve McGhee
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30, 2011

            Have you seen the Star Trek one they did?

            Worth watching – on the menu on the right hand side

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 6, 2012
              Paid a visit yesterday - at last - to Portmeirion to see all those Prisoner locations.
              What struck me, at first, was how much smaller it appeared to be in real life compared to the screen. Perception, I suppose.

              Felt funny standing exactly where Number Six did all those years ago, though :-)

              Tenner to get in to the village but well worth it - no attempt to rip us off. Even the coffee was reasonably priced.

              If you haven't been - do go sometime. The architecture is quite something.
            • Jim McAlwane
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 7, 2012
                My first visit was spent walking about in the pouring rain with holes in my shoes because I wanted to wear those boating shoes they wear in the series and the shoes were knackered. Lovely place, last went 2 years ago with an ex-girlfriend. I've even been to a couple of Prisoner Conventions where they act out scenes with life size rover's. All good stuff,

                Be Seeing You,

                McCobbler