Marmalade Skies HOPS Poll 2006

  • Mick Capewell
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      With the news that the British Music Hall Of Fame has decided to
      induct Bon Jovi (????!!!!) it can only mean two things: firstly,
      they're having a laugh...and secondly, it must be time to vote in
      the 2nd Annual Marmalade Skies Hall Of Psychedelic Superlatives (MS
      HOPS) Poll!

      How do you vote?- Easy, you send an e-mail to mick@...
      with your TOP FIVE (5) favourite British Psychedelic
      Groups/Artists. Please put them in your preferential order because
      your #1 choice gets 5 points, #2 choice gets 4 points etc etc.

      The THREE (3) acts with most points as at midnight 30th Nov 2006
      will be inducted into MS HOPS.

      In addition, please nominate ONE (1) candidate that you consider
      worthy of becoming an MS HOPS Honorary Member. This category
      recognises the non-musicians (or at least those not principally
      famed for their muso status) such as producers, writers, designers,
      DJs, painters... even recording studios or other landmarks. Anyone
      or anywhere or anything that you consider has made a valuable
      contribution to British Psych. The nominee with the most votes will
      receive Honorary Membership into MS HOPS.

      The Ten (10) acts inducted in 2005 were:

      The Pretty Things, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Kaleidoscope, Donovan,
      Blossom Toes, Creation, The Move, Tomorrow and Tintern Abbey, so
      please DON'T vote for them again (you'd be surprised!)

      The Two (2) Honorary Members inducted in 2005 were John Peel and
      Abbey Road Recording Studios, so once again, a vote for them this
      year is a vote wasted.

      Thanks for your time, and I'm looking forward to receiving your all-
      important votes!
    • Steve McGhee
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2006
        > Thanks for your time, and I'm looking forward to receiving your all-
        > important votes!

        **I'll give this some serious thought whilst propping up the bar
        tonight :-)