A right charmer

  • Steve McGhee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
      THE SUN

      Vinnie in scrap on jet
      By GRAHAM DIGINNES

      MOVIE hardman Vinnie Jones was involved in a mid-air row with jet passengers
      and crew, it was claimed last night.

      The ex-soccer star was said to have told a woman on a Virgin Atlantic flight
      to "F*** off" before grabbing a man by the throat.

      When cabin crew tried to calm the 38-year-old actor down he reportedly
      snapped: "Go and pour the coffee like you are paid to do."

      The ugly scene only came to an end when the passengers involved gave up
      their £4,500 Upper Class seats and moved to the economy section.

      No complaint was made to police but Virgin launched a probe and Jones may be
      banned from future flights.

      He was flying from Heathrow to Tokyo when he left his seat to drink at the
      Airbus' bar and began talking to three men and a woman.

      A onlooker said: "They seemed to be getting on very well but when the woman
      said she was going to sit down Vinnie's personality suddenly changed and he
      told her, 'Well **** off then'."

      A Virgin spokesman said: "There was a report of an incident between two
      passengers but we can't go into details."

      Jones' spokesman said: "There were three people on the flight who had been
      drinking. Words were exchanged but that's the extent of it."
    • Roger Purbrick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
        On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, 7:17:56 PM, Steve wrote:

        > THE SUN

        > Vinnie in scrap on jet
        > By GRAHAM DIGINNES

        The implication being that yet another jumped up celeb, full of his
        own importance, starts throwing his weight around on a plane. But
        perhaps this is what happened: Vinnie's sitting there when a couple of
        drunks start. Eh look it's Vinnie and all that stuff. Vinnie grins and
        tries to laugh it off but it goes too far and he has to tell the woman
        to *%&$ off. The bloke gets shirty and has to be restrained Vinnie
        style. Now isn't that just as likely?Lets have a vote.

        regards,
        Roger
      • Steve McGhee
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
          > On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, 7:17:56 PM, Steve wrote:
          >
          > > THE SUN
          >
          > > Vinnie in scrap on jet
          > > By GRAHAM DIGINNES
          >
          > The implication being that yet another jumped up celeb, full of his
          > own importance, starts throwing his weight around on a plane. But
          > perhaps this is what happened: Vinnie's sitting there when a couple of
          > drunks start. Eh look it's Vinnie and all that stuff. Vinnie grins and
          > tries to laugh it off but it goes too far and he has to tell the woman
          > to *%&$ off. The bloke gets shirty and has to be restrained Vinnie
          > style. Now isn't that just as likely?Lets have a vote.
          >

          > regards,
          > Roger

          **The voice of reason, Roger. My vote's with you.
          I've never seen him on screen - is he as overrated as he was a midfield
          'dynamo'?
        • Roger Purbrick
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
            On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, 8:58:02 PM, Steve wrote:

            > **The voice of reason, Roger. My vote's with you.
            > I've never seen him on screen - is he as overrated as he was a midfield
            > 'dynamo'?

            Well they say that governments don't win elections - the other side
            loses. Something like that anyway. So what's that got to do with Vinny
            I hear you ask. Well it's a way of providing a tenuous similarity with
            Vinnie's acting skills. He won't win any oscars but he gets a measure
            of respect by not screwing up his roles.

            --
            regards, Roger