RE: [completeandutterrubbish] Fw: [Derby-list] Ian Holloway Quotes

  • Mike Page
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      He is a little eccentric. At the beginning of last year, he appeared on a
      BBC1 programme looking at stress. In one instance he came home ranting and
      raving and started shouting at his kids (3 girls who are all deaf), to which
      they replied...no good shouting Dad, we're deaf! That calmed him down a bit.
      The programme seemed to work as after it, our form picked up and we won
      promotion.

      He has done a great job at QPR. When he joined 3 or 4 years, we were in
      administration (fortunately no points deduction back then), and looking like
      going down again. We had fallen from top London side in the Premiership in
      the mid 90's (yes you heard it right) to a Division 2 (Division 3 in old
      money) side. In fact where we were when I started supporting them in the mid
      60's. We couldn't buy players as we were in admin. so a couple of fans who
      were businessmen, had to buy a couple for us. The previous owner Chris
      Wright and his cohorts had also brought us to financial ruin. Ian managed to
      keep us up, then we lost to Cardiff in the play off final, and last year we
      went up. This season after a dreadful start, we are now mid table and only
      just off the play offs. So yes he probably is a nutter, but he's a character
      and has done well for the R's.

      Mike