Two Hit Wonders--The CAUR Pop Quiz #28

  • Mick Capewell
    Message 1 of 50 , Jan 1, 2005
      Good morning and welcome to 2005. Here's another 60s pop teaser for your weary, hungover brains.
      There are loads of one-hit wonders who are more famous than many artists who had multiple hits, so in typical CAUR style, let's celebrate some Two-Hit Wonders!
      Below, you will find a list of 20 song titles. Each of these songs was the second biggest hit of an artist/group that only achieved 2 Top 30 hits in the UK singles chart. Can you name the artists?
      I should point out that none of the artists had any hits outside of the 1960s--nothing in the 50s, 70s, 80s...unless it was with a re-issue of a 60s hit. Some of the artists had more entries in the Top 50, some may have had more hits as part of a different act, but they all only had TWO Top 30 hits under this name.
      Some of the songs below were big Top 10 hits. Some may only have reached #30 for 1 week. Some are easy, some more difficult :-) I've chosen 20 out of 64 2 hit wonders. If you get these without much bother then I'll delve a little deeper into the obscurity pot :-)
      And please, DON'T CHEAT. Leave those Guinness Book of Hit Singles on the shelf. It spoils the torture...sorry, Fun.
      Well, here we go then:

      1-Maybe I Know

      2-Besame Mucho

      3-That's The Way

      4-Bangers and Mash

      5-The Battle's O'er

      6-Send Me The Pillow That You Dream On

      7-One Way Love

      8-Ain't Gonna Wash For a Week

      9-Toy

      10-Good Morning

      11-I'm Coming Home Cindy

      12-The Walls Fell Down

      13-Golden Lights

      14-You've Never Been In Love Like This Before

      15-Tears In The Wind

      16-Susannah's Still Alive

      17-Hello How Are You?

      18-One More Dance