661Fw: Register now: LCIA Latin American and Car ibbean Users' Council Symposium in Bogotá, 2 3 February 2013

  • JUAN PABLO CARDENAS
    Feb 15, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Marilyn Chee <mc@...>
      To: "'jpcm2001@...'" <jpcm2001@...>
      Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 9:19 AM
      Subject: Register now: LCIA Latin American and Caribbean Users' Council Symposium in Bogotá, 23 February 2013

          YIAG
      Dear Mr Cárdenas Mejía

      The LCIA is very pleased to be returning to Bogotá to host a symposium on international commercial arbitration.

      As you will no doubt be aware, the IBA will be hosting its annual Arbitration Day at the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce on Friday 22 February and the LCIA is hosting its symposium the following day. This is now the 16th year that the IBA and the LCIA have hosted these back-to-back events and the combination of an IBA conference followed by a symposium in the traditional LCIA open-forum format has always received very positive feedback from delegates at both events.

      I am writing to invite you to register for the LCIA symposium which will follow a similar format to the LCIA event you attended at the Federación Nacional de Cafeteros de Colombia in December 2007.  We are pleased to offer all those who attended the 2007 symposium the member registration fee of US$600 (instead of US$675).

      Further information regarding the event may be found below.

      We are very much looking forward to returning to Bogotá next week and I do hope we shall see you again at the LCIA symposium.

      With best regards

      Julie

      Julie Main
      Manager
      Membership, Conferences & YIAG
      LCIA
      70 Fleet Street
      London EC4Y 1EU
      Tel: +44 (0) 20 7936 6200
      Fax: +44 (0) 20 7936 6233
      Em: jm@...

      Saturday 23 February 2013, Bogotá
      LCIA Symposium on International Commercial Arbitration
      Venue: JW Marriott, Calle 73 #8-60, Bogotá

      Introduction
      The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) is one of the world’s leading international arbitration institutions, renowned not only for its arbitration administration services but also for its conferences and symposia.

      Symposium format
      In the long-established LCIA tradition, the symposium is designed to be interactive and to provide an opportunity for delegates to share news and views on developments in the field of international commercial arbitration and ADR. The LCIA will contact delegates before the symposium to request topics for discussion. On the day, delegates will be encouraged to participate in a free-flowing discussion of current issues of key interest in the field, under the expert guidance of well-known co-Chairs.

      Co-Chairs:
      Stephen Drymer - Woods LLP, Canada
      Marcelo Ferro - Ferro Castro Neves Daltro & Gomide Advogados
      Francisco González de Cossío - González de Cossío Abogados SC, Mexico
      Craig Miles - King & Spalding LLP, USA
      Felipe Ossa - Claro y Cia, Chile
      James Spigelman AC QC - One Essex Court, Australia
      Joseph Tirado - Winston & Strawn LLP, England
      Eduardo Zuleta - Gómez-Pinzón Zuleta, Colombia

      Language
      English - Spanish - English translation will be provided.

      Registration fees (including a reception followed by dinner)
      IBA/LCIA Member - US$600
      Non-member - US$675

      Register now
      To register, please complete the registration form and return, by email or fax to conferences@... / +44 20 7936 6233. The programme and registration form can be found on our website: http://www.lcia.org/Conferences/Conference_Schedule.aspx