Re: [comic_books] Re: Comics and production, etc...

  • john bailey
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 6, 2009
      does anyone buy comics anymore if so i have tons of them for sale....

      From: Michael Marcus <michael@idea- men.us>
      To: comic_books@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 2:15 PM

      Here's a question for the group as a whole.

      Color is MASSIVELY expensive, especially for those of us
      with smaller-sized print runs. Which is a better value to
      you:

      A 48-page black-and-white book with a full color cover

      or

      An 8-page full-color book?

      Those numbers were not pulled out of the air, by the way.
      They were chosen because they have the EXACT same production
      costs on a print run of less than 500 books.

      --Michael

    • Terik Ryder
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 6, 2009
        I like your idea. As a matter of fact, I talked about the same kind of orgazination last week with a comic book artist here in Quebec. An artist I met at a comic book expo last friday. As I'm already in business with Ian for the Sneak Peek magazine, I'm going to contact him about this co-op. If I can be a part of that and help, it will be really interesting and a pleasure too. I live in Quebec maybe it could be good to be represented in Canada too. Thanks again, we keep in touch.