New Member

  • Jim - Atlantic
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi everyone,
      I am new to this group and just wanted to post a note about my long-
      time comic collection that I am beginning to sell. I've basically
      collected comics most of my life and at 50 years old, I've decided to
      start selling them off. There is no hurry-- this is not a "distressed
      sell" at all. I used to grade comics for a local store and always
      sought to get the highest-grade comics for my personal collection. I
      have golden-age, silver-age, bronze-age, and modern-age...I
      concentrated on super-hero comics, but I do have other titles that are
      not necessarily super-hero. Many key books-- some worth more than my
      car-- and my best are stored in acrylic "vaults" that screw together
      for water-tight storage. Of my modern books, I also have many signed
      editions, for the ones that are into autographs. I have thousands of
      comics-- and there is no junk--many are really rare rare comics.
      I've tried the eBay route, and I quickly tired of the dishonesty and
      non-payers---for which of course, eBay still wants listing and final
      values fees, and you have to fight them for any refund. Anyway...
      Instead of eBay, I have decided to build my own website, where I can
      have photos and viewers can see all that I am selling...that is in
      progress and I should be able to publish it (at least in infant state)
      later this week. Even at best, there is no way that I will ever be
      able to photo all of my books and compile them into one website.
      Hopefully, my website will start conversations that will lead to
      interest in certain books for which I can work with individual
      buyers. The website will only have one cover photo, but of course, I
      will email close-ups of front & back covers, and inside.
      If there are any serious collectors in this group, feel free to drop
      me a note about any silver and golden age titles you are interested
      in. I will put a note on the group with my website address, once it is
      published.
      Thanks,
      Jim