Re: hello

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 8 9:49 PM
      I don't publish comicbooks, rather a freelance color assistant with
      a colorist who works in marvel comics, my job is strictly a job pay
      for work being done if you want to break into comics industry you'd
      have to do it through standard channels.
      I could teach you what i do and possibly get you a gig but would
      have to charge for that service
      --- In comic_books@yahoogroups.com, "Randall Babb"
      <randallbabb@...> wrote:

      > Dear Ray....are you still publishing comic books?? I am an Artist
      and Writer, and would like to contribute. Please write soon and
      Thanks....Randall Babb. :o) (o:

      8/31/2007 6:13 AM

    • herdian_angga
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 10, 2009

        Hi,

        I am a new member of this group. I am an amateur comic author. I have sent my artwork samples to some independent publisher. I believe that someday I can be a professional comic author. If you want to see my artworks feel free to visit my blog :comicauthorblog.co.cc . I'll be really happy if you give me any comments.

        Thank you,

        Herdian Angga Utama

        http://comicauthorblog.co.cc/

      • johnny hall
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 10, 2009
          You have great talent.  I love your perspective.  Keep doing it.  I have just started back after several years.  I am finally able to start again.  Thanks for the email.  I am trying to break through as well.  Maybe I'll see you on the other side.  :-)

          Put me on favorites and keep in touch.

          Thanks,

          Johnny

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 10, 2009
            Mr. Utama,

            Good to see you on this group. Some of your stuff on that page
            is improved, although you still need to work on the anatomy of
            your characters--people around here don't really have necks that
            long. You will probably also want to get someone to handle
            lettering and editing for you. Breaking up words with hyphens
            requires several things:

            1) The words have to be at least six letters long,
            2) The words need to be broken at a syllable break, at least
            three characters in from either end, and
            3) The break should be somewhere near the center of the word.

            For example, "everything," can be broken up as "every-" and
            "thing," but not as "e-" and "verything." It also needs to be
            used *sparingly*.

            An editor can also help with grammatical errors. For example,
            "The meeting will be begins soon," is improper English. "The
            meeting will be beginning soon," is correct, as is "The meeting
            is beginning soon." Better yet, although it's more a nuance
            than anything, is "The meeting will be starting soon," as it
            avoids the repeated "be-" sound.

            I apologize if this comes off as lecturing, but it's elements
            like these that can make a difference between getting published
            and not getting published.

            --Michael Marcus
            Hamtramck Idea Men
            http://idea-men.us