Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness

  • penguincomicsmovies
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      Cover image here:

      http://www.penguincomics.net/Press%
      20Releases/dyfor/aodvsmarvelzombies.htm

      TIME FOR SOME MORE SUGAR, BABY – ZOMBIE STYLE!
      Oh, It's True! The first crossover between Marvel and Dynamite
      Entertainment,

      the Marvel Zombies Vs. The Army of Darkness Five Issue Limited
      Series!

      October 31, 2006, Runnemede, NJ – Dynamite Entertainment today
      announces the crossover event of `07 – a Five Issue Limited Series
      titled Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness.

      Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness will act as a direct prequel
      to last year's smash Marvel Zombies series which featured "dynamite"
      covers by Arthur Suydam, crisp scripts by Robert Kirkman and
      fantastic art by Sean Philips and colorist June Chung! Oddly enough
      Marvel Zombies followed the events in Mark Millar's and Greg Land's
      Ultimate Fantastic Four #24. To throw in more crossover madness, the
      final pages of DYNAMITE'S Army of Darkness #13 by writer James
      Kuhoric, teases at the upcoming event. So the groundwork has been
      laid out through the Ultimate Universe, the Marvel Universe, and now
      the Army of Darkness Universe!

      The announcement also comes hot on the heels of both DYNAMITE'S Army
      of Darkness and Marvel's Marvel Zombies winning 2006 Scream Awards
      from Spike TV (DYNAMITE'S Army of Darkness won for Best Screen-To-
      Comic Adaptation, and Marvel Zombies won for Best Comic).

      DYNAMITE stated: "Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness! This is a
      big one for Ashley J. Williams! The Biggest. We're very pleased to be
      working with a great creative team and our good friends at Marvel on
      this one, it's gonna be a blast! We are working hand in hand with
      Marvel to have this crossover mean as much as possible. We not only
      were able to fit the story in continuity but we're also keeping it
      fresh and fun (or as much fun as you can with zombies after Ash!).
      And stay tuned, True Believers, we've got a few more tricks and
      treats up our sleeves in 2007."

      The series is bringing the best of the best with the old and the new.
      Featuring covers in the Marvel Zombie tradition by Arthur Suydam (and
      wait till you see the way Arthur incorporates Ash in to each "new"
      classic image), this landmark event is written by newcomer John
      Layman (Xena; Red Sonja) with interior art by Fabiano Neves (Xena)
      and magnificent coloring by June Chung (Marvel Zombies). And of
      course, the spiritual guru of the undead himself, Robert Kirkman will
      be acting as a special consultant on the whole series.

      "Marvel Zombies was really one of the breakout hits of 2006 with
      multiple printings even for the Hardcover collection, and this
      limited series follows up on the heat of that success! It should
      prove to be an exciting ride for both Marvel and Dynamite as we work
      together in the first of what we hope to be many crossovers," said
      David Gabriel, Marvel's Vice President of Sales. "My one wish that I
      hope retailers make come true..order heavily on these issues...please
      don't make us do second, third, fourth, and fifth printings of all
      these issues all through next year..."

      Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness is scheduled for a March
      release, and will take the place of the regular AOD series, which
      will be on hiatus while the crossover mini-series takes place (hey,
      Ash is in Marvel Zombie world, what would we do the series about?
      Evil Ash?... Hey, wait a minute, we'll get back to you on that).
      Issue #13 of Army of Darkness is due in stores in December (and more
      to come on some surprises there), but hey, we're talking about Marvel
      Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness here, so check out the cover by sir
      Arthur Suydam – it ROCKS!