MORE Heroes on PULSE :)

  • jencomx3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2006
      Hi All,

      I have another Heroes piece, an interview with creator/executive producer Tim Kring on THE PULSE

      Go check it out and post a ton of comments, ok? :)

      Jennifer M. Contino
      Writer, COMICON.com PULSE
      http://www.comicon.com/pulse

      Find me on MySpace:
      http://www.myspace.com/pulsejen
    • kid zombie
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006
        is "Heroes" intrinsically comics related because the characters have super powers?

        do you review and critique cartoons, because they are drawn?

        isn't it funny how we make these  correlations (sp?) to comics based on the dominant (super heroes) comics out?

        is that bad for the industry (a lot of people in the industry have expressed that)?

        thoughts?

      • jencomx3@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006
          well heroes is comics related b/c the one character in it is a comic book artist and there is a comic version that fills in the blanks to some scenes running on nbc.com

          also Jeph Loeb, TIm Sale and a handful of other comic creators work on this show each week.

          Jen
        • penguincomicsmovies
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2006
            --- In comic_books@yahoogroups.com, jencomx3@... wrote:

            > well heroes is comics related b/c the one character in it is a
            comic book
            > artist and there is a comic version that fills in the blanks to
            some scenes
            > running on nbc.com
            >
            > also Jeph Loeb, TIm Sale and a handful of other comic creators work
            on this
            > show each week.
            >
            > Jen

            Heroes is the ultimate Comic book TV show. It reaches past the 'smack-
            em' and 'zap, powie' that so many civilians relate Comics with and
            dives into everything from racism to MPD.

            It seems not afraid to tackle some very uncomfortable subjects such
            as rape, murder or drug use and still uses super-powered people as
            it's main subject.

            Jiro is the consumate wanna-be hero. He believes in what is a 'right
            path' and plans on following that path no matter what. But it is his
            non-powered friend who helps him move along.

            Claire is a trouble teenager who suddenly realizes she can't be hurt.
            At least not physically. But her spirit and heart are still those of
            a young girl, seeking emotional and spiritual support and guidance.

            Isacc is a weak, confused, and talented man who can harness his drug
            induced stupors to draw the future.

            You have people who can move through walls, read minds, travel
            through time, live thorough virtually anything, rip people in half.
            You have Kitty Pryde, Charles Xavier, Juggernaut, Hulk, Nightcrawler.

            Heroes is a Comic book, in live action that is not syrupy, childish
            or offered in a style that would scare away most thinking people.

            It should be reviewed as a live action show, on a Comic site. But non-
            Comic book or even Science Fiction fans should never be allowed to
            review a show like this.

            It is, possibly the one show that will move Comic books from a
            childrens or young teens market into one for adults and young adults.

            Thank God this show is on the air.

            Larry Stanley
            Editor PCU
            http://www.penguincomics.net/home_content.htm